Friday 6 January 2012

A tractor in the hand...

Last night while waiting for glue to dry on my Bristol Bulldog I decided to start this:-



I won it on eBay last year for about $4.00, and thinking that HO scale was 1/76, bought it thinking I could have it in a diorama with a 1/72 plane. However it seems HO is 1/87 scale and significantly too small for 1/72, so it sat on the shelf for a while.  It's quite well detailed for its size:



The red corrugated strips are the rims of the main wheels. The kit includes a clear piece of acetate with circular holes cut into it and the rims are rolled and fitted into the holes, then glued:


It works OK actually. The spokes have then to be individually bent with tweezers and forced inside the rims.  After about 2 hours I was at basic painting stage, I'd decided to portray it as an abandoned vehicle:



This morning I weathered it up and assembled it. (The pics are greatly enlarged so it looks a bit rough...)


1 comment:

  1. Mike, that is incredible! Brilliant weathering too. Your observations of rusting on lorry wheel arches etc. has certainly paid off. :-) - Alan ('tangfastico', ATF)

    ReplyDelete